Honey Baked Ham at Home
1 fully-cooked, spiral cut shank half ham, bone in (about 7 lb.)
1/2 cup pear juice
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 C. honey
3/4 C. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/8 tsp. paprika
pinch ground ginger
pinch ground allspice
Instructions: 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, combine honey, pear juice, and orange juice.
3. Place ham (with the flat cut end facing down) in a large baking dish. Pour juice mixture over.
4. Cover with foil and cook until warmed through (since the ham is pre-cooked, all you need to do is get it hot), about 1 1/2 hours. Baste with juices every 15 minutes or so.
5. Meanwhile, combine sugar and spices in a small bowl.
6. When ham is cooked through (internal temp. should reach about 140 degrees F), sprinkle the outside liberally with your dry sugar mixture.
7. Using a butane torch, caramelize the sugar mixture on all sides. Careful not to burn yourself or your baking dish! If possible, it’s a good idea to set your ham on waxed paper before sprinkling on sugar and torching. Figure out whatever works for you.
8. Watch your guests and family devour this perfect honey baked ham recipe.
Copyright © 2012