Roast Beef with Madeira
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 3 pounds beef rump roast, rinsed and patted dry
• Kosher Salt and Fresh Coarse Ground Pepper
• 1 1/2 cups roasted garlic and herb tomato sauce
• 3/4 cup Madeira wine
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1 1/2 cups peeled pearl onions
• 2 cups carrot chunks
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Season the roast with salt and
pepper. Brown the roast on all sides, remove to a plate, and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the tomato sauce, Madeira, and garlic. Set aside.
To a slow cooker add the onions and carrots. Add the browned roast and any accumulated juices.
Pour the sauce mixture over the top of roast.
Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours.
Copyright © 2012